Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Alice In Chains

Alice In Chains have a new song out today called A Looking In View.
I hadn't realized but I was actually worried that I wasn't going to like the new stuff. I listened to the song this morning and when it finished I kind of breathed a sigh of relief. I had to listen to it a couple more times because the first time I was pretty much holding my breath. I like it. It's good and I think it will grow on me even more. It's familiar enough for me to be comfortable with but obviously it is the new AiC. I think it sounds a lot like a solo Jerry Cantrell song and I wonder if the rest of the album will sound like this or if this song was chosen because it will ease the general public gently into accepting a new singer.

I can't believe I have been listening to Alice in Chains for more than half my life. That is weird. I can still relate to the early songs but for different reasons now than I did back in the day.

Yesterday I was renaming my music to load it onto itunes. Somehow when I put it on the big computer here all the names got wiped. Anyway, I obviously have a lot of AiC and whenever I would play one I remember thinking that I haven't heard a new song in forever that makes me feel like those songs do. I think they are back in my No.1 band position.

Oh I am so glad I like this new song. I would have been gutted if I hadn't. It would have been awful listening to the song and thinking...this is pure crap.
Shared via AddThis

No comments:

Post a Comment