Sunday, June 21, 2009

Shopping and movies

I went shopping yesterday for some new clothes. There are a lot of sales on at the moment and since I needed new clothes desperately in case I get a job it was the perfect time to shop.
I had a 25% off coupon for Old Navy and they were selling tank tops for $2 so we went there first. The only tank tops they had were white ones in size XXL so not any good for me. I do wonder whether they were the only ones they had or if they had other ones and they just sold out early. We got there about 10.30 so it wasn't particularly late or anything.
I did get quite a lot of tops and shirts I could wear for work though. My husband did really well getting jeans for around $11 after sale prices and our coupon. He got some really good prices on shirts as well. There still are some coupons on the Old Navy Weekly website. You have to hunt around for them. It is quite fun but the high value coupons go so quickly.
We then went to Macy's. They were having a sale too and I had a coupon for $10 off $25. Again my husband cleaned up getting a $60 shirt for $10 or something. I got some trousers (or pants as they are called in the US) and a nice summer top and two wrap around / cape type cardigans. I have wanted one of these for ages but the only ones I have seen have been so expensive so I was very happy to get these for less than $15.
We'd finished our shopping by about lunchtime which was great because it was nearly 100 degrees. I much prefer getting out in the morning to do things. It's normally way too hot in the afternoons here to be out and about.

In the evening we went to the drive in to watch Year One and Angels and Demons. Luckily there was a breeze and we sat out on chairs to watch them. Year One was funny but not quite as much as I was expecting it to be. Angels and Demons was good. Changed a bit from the book but I actually think that may have been for the best. I fell asleep a couple of times and once when I woke up my husband's face was right in mine and I nearly had a heart attack. The movies didn't finish until 1.30am which for me now is a really late night. I was absolutely exhausted but it was a very fun day.

I certainly enjoyed a nice lie in this morning and plan on having a relaxing day today. I'll have to prep for my interview which is tomorrow as it has been a while since I worked and to be honest I can't remember half the skills I actually have.

No comments:

Post a Comment