Thursday, June 25, 2009

Houston Astros baseball game

Surprisingly I had a really good time at the baseball game. The Astros played Kansas City Royals. Not much really happened in the first half of the game which was good for me because I was so busy looking around, taking everything in and trying to understand the rules. It was weird when we went into the stadium as it looked fake. A bit like in a movie. It has since been pointed out to me that the only time I have seen a baseball stadium is on television which is actually quite a valid point.
The second part of the game I was getting familiar with the rules and able to pick out which team was which and I actually got a bit excited as the game was neck and neck and went to extra innings. The Astros lost which was a shame but it was a fun experience for me and I think I would like to go to another game.

Some things that struck me as funny where when the cameras pan around the spectators and catch them doing funny dances and stuff. One of the times they did this it was a kiss camera and the people the camera stopped on were supposed to kiss. Highly awkward if it is someone you are with but don't really like or they have stinky breath. Anyway, one of the times it stopped on this couple who didn't notice and it just stayed on them for a while. They didn't twig on however and some random man ran up to her and kissed her. It was rather amusing but also surprising that in such a litigious country as America that someone would feel comfortable doing that without fear of the woman pressing charges for assault of some sort. It tickled me anyway.

It was dead hot last night and by the time we left I was sweating probably as much as the players were. I absolutely hate sweating so anyone that knows me would think I would have been in a strop because of this but I think because it was a new fun experience I didn't let it bug me as much as it normally would have.

So, all in all, baseball good. Would like to go again. Better tickets next time though. We had bargain tickets that cost $10 and got you a drink, bag of chips and a hot dog which is very cheap but I would like to see better now that I have more of a clue as to what I am looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment